The metaverse is a booming industry undoubtedly. Artists, musicians, game developers, fashion and retail companies, Etc., all are ready to leap on the bandwagon.
Global business giants are taking an interest in partnering with the metaverse development company.
The metaverse market worldwide will rise to $1,607.12 billion by 2030.
Everybody all around the digital world is falling their head over the heels for the metaverse. Besides the retail companies, education institutes, and tech corporations, another industry is plunging into metaverse endeavours.
Guess which one?
The real estate industry. By and large,virtual real estate is the hot trend in the global real estate space.
In fact, who imagined even two years back that people would be leveraging digital assets like cryptos and NFTs to purchase virtual properties?
In this era of flourishing NFTs, cryptos, and blockchain technology, investment giants to tech tycoons are dipping their feet into the metaverse to stay relevant.
And when it comes to talking about investments, the real estate industry comes forth.
The metaverse is a new thing to the world for sure. Virtual real-estate investments undoubtedly entail risks. However, business ventures associated with metaverse are worth the risks.
The metaverse real-estate market will grow by a 31.2% CAGR by 2028.
Here, we give you a comprehensive guide to metaverse virtual real estate. Learn what it really is, how it works, the risks and challenges you might face, and how you can make it a lucrative investment.
What Is Metaverse Virtual Real Estate?
For the last couple of years, the real estate industry has been undergoing noticeable technological disruptions for good indeed. Amid the AR and VR drilling into the real estate industry, metaverse has entered.
The accelerated technological disruption has paved the path of metaverse virtual real estate to a great extent.
And surprisingly, right now, real estate in the metaverse is the talk of the world.
The metaverse virtual real estate market will reach $5.37 billion by 2026.
- Metaverse real estate is the virtual lands, replicas of real-world real estate.
- The metaverse real estate ecosystem consists of AR, VR, and video. Simply put, the parcels of land in the metaverse space are nothing but pixels.
- In the programmable digital space, users can interact and communicate virtually, similar to the real world.
- Every land parcel in the metaverse space is unique and non-replicable.
- In the metaverse virtual real estate ecosystem, people even can sell NFTs. Hence, enthusiasts can collaborate with a reputed NFT development company to develop their real estate NFTs to sell in the metaverse.
- Unsurprisingly, the real estate industry is shaping up with Virtual Reality and the metaverse.
- Earlier, people could only invest in physical real estate properties. But now, people can even buy and sell virtual real estate properties that they can not see or touch in the real world but the metaverse. It is even possible to live in a country and purchase property in another country.
- Many are embracing the metaverse real estate concept and getting an early pie cut. Among them, The Sandbox and Decentraland are some of the popular metaverse spaces offering virtual land. Here, users can purchase and sell land in the in-game world through land NFTs.
- Consequently, people can leverage their digital property to play games or socialize.
- Creators can monetize their virtual property through NFTs.
- Brands can utilize their metaverse real estate properties to advertise services and offer unique consumer experiences.
- Moreover, people can lease their metaverse real estate lands similar to real-world properties.
- The possibilities are beyond imagination.
Implication Of Metaverse Virtual Real Estate
One can experience many benefits after becoming a part of the metaverse virtual real estate space.
Redefining The Property Value
For years, three dominant factors have determined the value of a land or real estate property.
- Size of the property
- The utility
- The location of the property
Much astoundingly, all these three factors have turned into the less essential parameters in the realm of metaverse real estate.
For instance, the buyer will never reside in the property for real. So, considering the utility factor is out of the question.
The prime purpose of developing a metaverse real estate property is to lease it out to another person. Hence, neither the size of the property nor its location matters here.
Alluring A Broader Pool Of Buyers
- Since owning a metaverse land holds no specific geographical restriction, anyone can invest in the metaverse land.
- Moreover, the metaverse land parcels come in different sizes, shapes, and locations, similar to the real-world properties. However, their availability and pricing across the metaverse platforms vary from one another.
- Buyers can set up a crypto wallet and initiate investing in metaverse digital real estate properties.
- The land parcels in virtual metaverse space are affordable to everyone. There are no geographical barriers to purchasing land or property globally.
- While residing in London, one can easily purchase a luxurious apartment in New York.
Possibilities Of Revamping Of Activities
- As more and more metaverse land parcels rise high for sale, new possibilities come to push real-world activities to the digital realm.
- For instance, metaverse virtual real estate properties can turn out as the potential venues for trade fairs, exhibitions, auctions, Etc.
- Moreover, companies do not need to look for expensive venues to organize their events. They can use sophisticated metaverse real estate property as the venue.
- Consequently, the entire event will metamorphose into an immersive experience where people do not require to travel to interact with others.
- Besides the corporate events, social gatherings like weddings, anniversaries, and birthday parties, can shift to the metaverse.
To conclude, the metaverse virtual real estate is another avenue for companies to drive more customers to their businesses. On the one hand, real estate companies can use the metaverse as a tool to provide their clients with a virtual tour of their projects. On the other hand, corporates can leverage metaverse properties to organize their events virtually.
Companies like Samsung, JP Morgan, and PWC are already investing in metaverse real estate.
They are expecting a future when the metaverse will become mainstream. So, many big companies have discovered it more valuable to tie up with a metaverse development company rather than buying real-world property.
Read more: Gaming Trends
So, if in the real world, some earthly issues are pulling your property back from getting sold or rented, the virtual world is awaiting tremendous scopes for you.